The Bronxville Reporter
|Title:|| The Bronxville Reporter (11 October 1940 - 26 March 1953)|
|Available online:|| Oct 11, 1940 - Sep 26, 1941;|
Jan 3, 1946-Mar, 26 1953
|Copyright Status:|| Public Domain|
|Contributing Libraries:|| Bronxville History Center and Bronxville Library|
The Bronxville Reporter, a weekly newspaper owned and staffed by Bronxville residents, began publication in January 1940. It published until April 2, 1953 when it was merged with a competitor, The Bronxville Review-Press. (The Review-Press had been itself the product of a 1937 merger of The Bronxville Review and The Bronxville Press.) The combined papers continued life as the Review-Press and Reporter, under the new ownership of the Westchester County Publishers, Inc., a group of county newspapers that included four other weeklies and eight dailies. The advent of The Review-Press and Reporter in 1953 marked the first time since 1902 that Bronxville’s news was covered by a paper that was not owned and operated by village residents.
On May 6, 1948, The Reporter produced a six-section, 52 page Golden Jubilee edition, filled with articles on the Bronxville’s history, to mark the 50th anniversary of the vilage’s incorporation. The Review Press Reporter was purchased by the Gannett Company in April 1964 and continued publishing through 2009 (July 6, 2000 -2007 as the Review Press; 2008-2009 as the Review Press Express), after which it ceased publication as a stand-alone weekly.
Show all issues of this publication
Browse by date — The Bronxville Reporter