Bronxville Review-Press

Bronxville Review-Press logo
Bronxville Review-Press (8 April 1937 - 26 March 1953)
Also published as:
The Review and The Bronxville Review (Jan. 23, 1902-April 8, 1937);
The Bronxville Press (Feb. 20, 1925-April 1, 1937);
The Bronxville Review Press and Reporter (April 2, 1953-Oct. 8, 2009);
under name variants:
Review Press and Reporter (Jan. 6, 1955-Jan. 28, 1965);
Review Press-Reporter (Feb. 4, 1965-July 6, 2000);
Review Press (July 13, 2000-Sept. 28, 2000);
Review Press Express (Oct. 2, 2008 - October 8, 2009);
Available online:
April 8, 1937-Mar. 26, 1953
(832 issues)
Copyright Status:
Public Domain No Longer Published
Contributing Organization:
Bronxville History Center and Bronxville Public Library

The Bronxville Review-Press, which began publication in Bronxville, NY, on Thursday, April 8, 1937, was the product of a merger of two competing papers. They were The Bronxville Review, which began publication in 1902 and continued as a weekly publication under the controlling hand of the William Lawrence family until early 1936, and The Bronxville Press launched in 1925 by a group of Bronxville and Tuckahoe businessmen as an “independent, non-political newspaper” serving Bronxville, the town of Eastchester and adjoining areas. The Press published initially as a weekly (1925-1926), expanded to a bi-weekly (1927-1934) and returned to weekly status before the merger (1935-1937).
In March 1936, Bronxville resident Richard H. Price bought and became publisher of The Bronxville Review. The following year, he purchased The Bronxville Press, and soon merged the two papers as The Bronxville Review-Press. In 1953 the paper merged with another competing local weekly and became known as the Bronxville Review Press and Reporter.