Jan. 3, 1929-Sept. 26, 1929;
Jun. 12, 1930-Nov. 12, 1931
The Tuckahoe Record began publication in Tuckahoe, NY in 1925 as “Republican in principal: independent in policy.” The weekly focused on news of the Waverly and Tuckahoe sections of Eastchester and also covered events in Bronxville. It featured news of the marble quarries, industries such as Hodgman Rubber, the Tuckahoe and Eastchester School Districts, sporting events such as golf tournaments and high school athletics, Eastchester Town and Tuckahoe Village government, and Irish, Italian and African-American immigrants.
The year 1925 also saw a group of Bronxville and Tuckahoe businessmen establish a competing weekly newspaper, The Bronxville Press, which within a few years would become entwined with The Tuckahoe Record. The Bronxville Press was touted as an “independent, non-political newspaper” serving Bronxville, the town of Eastchester and adjoining areas. Later in 1925 The Bronxville Press purchased another competitor, The Eastchester Citizen-Bulletin, and in April 1927 the two papers were merged to form an ambitious new semi-weekly, The Press of Bronxville, Crestwood, Tuckahoe, Fleetwood, Scarsdale. This experiment was not well received, and after only five months the paper reverted to two separate weeklies: The Bronxville Press (to cover Bronxville and Fleetwood) and The Tuckahoe Press (“in which the Eastchester Citizen-Bulletin continued”).
In 1928 the Tuckahoe Record purchased The Tuckahoe Press and the following year the Tuckahoe Record absorbed it and the already subsumed Eastchester Citizen-Bulletin. On Oct. 1, 1929, days after the 1929 Stock Market Crash, all three titles were replaced by The Daily Record, an ill-timed daily newspaper that added some national news and features to its local coverage. It lasted only three months, ceasing publication at the end of 1929, and the Tuckahoe Record resumed weekly publication.